Thanks so much for getting in touch. Below you'll find more information on working together, including:
- What past clients have said about working with me.
- A detailed look at my design process.
- Package options.
- Payment plans.
- Frequently asked questions.
After you've had a look, head this way to schedule a free design consultation!
Kind words from kind clients...
The Step-By-Step Process
01. Free consultation. After you've read through this page, you can schedule a free design consultation. You'll be able to ask me any questions you have and we can get to know each other.
02. Pay your deposit. Once we've talked and you've decided you want to move forward, you'll need to pay a 40% deposit to secure your spot in my schedule. 50% of the remaining half is due at the start of the project, and the final 50% is due when the project is complete but before the final files are handed over.
03. Sign my contract. We'll both need to sign my contract so that we're fully protected before we begin working together.
04. Project management. I'll add you to my project management system, Asana. This is where we'll communicate and keep all your files and feedback. Don't worry- I'll provide you with a video tutorial on how to use it!
05. Homework. You'll need to fill a secret Pinterest board with inspiration, and answer an in-depth questionnaire. You'll also need to upload all website content to Asana.
***If you'd like help or a guide for writing your website copy from scratch - head over here and grab a copy of the PDF workbook or google doc version of our Website Content Planner!
06. Consult call. 1-2 weeks before your project begins, we'll hop on a call (Skype/Phone) for a 30 minute consult call. This is the perfect time to ask any last-minute questions you may have!
07. Moodboard, color palette & logo design. I'll start the design process by creating a moodboard that summarizes your brand aesthetic and color palette. Using the information you provided in your homework, I'll show you three ideas for your main logo. You'll choose the one you like best, and then I'll refine it over two revision rounds. When your main logo is complete, we'll move on to your brand board!
08. Brand board. Your brand board will include the other brand elements listed in your package (logo variations, sub mark, patterns and fonts etc.) You'll get to see all the elements on one board. Then you'll have two revision rounds to make changes.
09. Social media branding. If social media branding is included in your package then this is the time I'd create it. I'll use your colors, logos, patterns and fonts to create a cohesive and seamless look across your social media, creating headers and profile images for your Facebook and Twitter account.
10. Website design. I'll create layout mockups for each of your website pages based on the template you chose. You'll have one revision round to request changes. After you've approved the layout of your website, I'll get started turning the mockup into your live site! You'll then have two rounds of revisions to make sure we get it looking just right.
11. Final payment. Before I hand over your final files and website, you'll need to complete your final payment. I'll then send you the link to a Dropbox folder containing your finalized brand files and I'll hand your website over. You'll also receive access to my client area where you'll find Squarespace tutorials and advice to help you maintain your website.
12. Website walkthrough. Don't worry, I'm not going to leave you to figure out how to use your website all by yourself. We'll set up a 30-60 minute consult call where I walk you through how to use and update your website.
Note: Some of these steps may not apply. It depends on whether your package includes them.
Side note: The prices above are in USD because most of my clients are based in the US, but I work with clients from all over the world. Use a currency converter like this one to find the cost in your own currency! Also note: things like page count, ecommerce elements, and any other custom features will require a custom quote for the website design portion of your project.
How does payment work?
Once we've talked and you've decided you want to move forward, you'll need to pay a 40% deposit to secure your spot in my schedule. 50% of the remaining half is due at the start of the project, and the final 50% is due when the project is complete but before the final files are handed over.
What platform will you build my website on?
I'll use Squarespace to build your site. It's easy, fun and simple for you to use on your own when the design process is finished. Head this way to read up on why Squarespace is the best option for your website!
Do I need to buy a domain or hosting before working with you?
Nope, you can buy your domain directly through Squarespace. However, if you already have a domain somewhere else (like GoDaddy), that's cool too. I'll just redirect your domain to your Squarespace website!
Do you offer any other services?
Yes, I offer Book and ebook design, PDF design and more. Just let me know if there's anything extra that you're interested in and I'll send you a quote!
How quickly can I work with you? Can you start working with me next week?
I'm usually booked a 1-2 months in advance, but there are sometimes exceptions. Let's chat!
What happens after the consultation?
If you decide you want to work with me, you'll pay a non-refundable 30% deposit to secure your spot in my schedule and you'll need to sign my contract. After that's done, I'll get you booked in!